URBANA-CHAMPAIGN FRIENDS MEETINGHOUSE
INFORMATION AND RULESThe
U-C Friends Meetinghouse may be used by individuals or groups who are
pursuing goals consistent with the values and testimonies of Friends.
Please make reservations for use at least one but not more than six months in advance.
*Staff required to be on site for one-time and first-time users. Repeat users may be given key after trial period.
- Donation of $20/hr. with a 2 hour minimum (for each space – meeting room or commons).
- $10/hr. more if using the kitchen.
- $5/hr. more if staff are required to be on site.*
- Security deposit of $50 per space, to be returned once key is returned and meetinghouse is determined to be in good condition.
must have own insurance (rider to insurance) and must attach a copy to
the contract. If User has no insurance, the security deposit will be
All areas of the building are wheelchair accessible.
Monthly Meeting relies on volunteer help. The success of our
Meetinghouse Use Program depends on your cooperation. Please share the
following rules with others in your group.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- No gambling or games of chance are permitted.
- No pets are allowed in the meetinghouse or on the grounds.
- No smoking in the meetinghouse. Smoking is permitted only outdoors.
- No fires, scented candles, smudging or incense.
- All candles and candleholders must be approved before use.
CHILDREN: Children must be supervised at all times to prevent accidental injuries or
damage to property. Toys may used, but please return them to their
places. Please do not use our art supplies.
DECORATIONS & SIGNS: All
signs and decorations must be free-standing. Flyers or other
advertisements of a group’s event held at the meetinghouse should in no
way suggest that the event is sponsored by U-C Friends, unless official
sponsorship has been obtained. The U-C Friends Meetinghouse should only be listed as a location otherwise.
have a small commercial kitchen. Please note that we ask for an
additional donation for use of the kitchen. See “Donations” section
CLEANUP: Leave the meetinghouse and grounds at
least as clean as you found them. Cleanup is expected within the time
reserved. Please take your garbage with you. We have no garbage pickup.
See checklist for clean-up.
SECURITY: All exterior doors and windows must be locked when you leave the building. See “Checklist for last-to-leave building”.
do not park on the grass. The meetinghouse parking lot has 14 spaces.
If you think you will need additional parking spaces, special-use
street parking may also be available. Please ask.